Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Volunteers: Park Cleanup Day

(click any image to view website)

"It’s My Park! Day" is an annual community service day focused on making improvements to Austin’s park system. On March 6, 2010, some 2,500 volunteers worked on projects led by individuals and community groups at 68 different parks! My son and I volunteered at Dick Nichols Park in the Oak Hill neighborhood in southwest Austin. We were among 50 volunteers who helped distribute mulch to the bases of trees and bushes, pick up litter, clean playscapes and paint signs, benches and tables. Great job, people! Here are a few snapshots of volunteers at work!



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer




"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer



"It’s My Park! Day" volunteer

No comments: